- To encourage you with the Word of God
- To keep you informed about Community Presbyterian Church
- To give glory to the Triune God
DevotionAs Jesus began his public ministry he said, "The time is fulfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe the gospel" (Mark 1:15). As I begin this new venture it is with the old teaching of Jesus that still renews hearts and minds. The time is fulfilled for Christ Jesus has come and has won us salvation on his cross. The Kingdom of God is at hand because all heaven is breaking out wherever Christ is faithfully proclaimed and men, women and children are surrendering to him in faith, wherever believers are connecting and growing together as disciples and wherever Christ's Church is serving the community with love and truth. The call then is to repent, that is, to turn away from sin (rebellion against God) and turn toward God in his love, mercy and grace. The call is to trust the Good News of the Gospel that Jesus Christ came to save sinners like me.
I think Mark 1:15 is so important that Jesus' follower should just memorize it to have it always at hand when we need to remember who Jesus is and what he came to do.
Think for a moment what impact the ministry of Jesus had on his community. Then remember that through faith in Christ Jesus, we continue the ministry of Jesus to call others to repent and believe the Gospel. Everyone knows at least one person who needs Jesus today. Be bold and share him with those who need him.
Shout OutsA big shout out to Elder Dave Lamb and the Ministry Committee. The various ministry team leads got together and for the first time since I have been the pastor here we have a unified calendar for the 2016-2017 year. The calendar is currently being digitized, but a link should pop up here before the end the month.
A shout out also goes out to Small Group Leaders who have stepped up to the plate to lead others through our Experiencing God study.
Opportunities to ServeThree big opportunities to serve are upcoming:
- Children's Sunday School: Our children attend Sunday School during worship. We are in need of a handful of volunteers to lead our children in their lessons. The commitment is for one Sunday/month for the school year.
- Serve Omak Middle School: Our youth team has been compiling a list of volunteer opportunities at Omak Middle School for this academic year. The hope is that we can build relationships with the students and staff of the school. You never know just how God will use a relationship for His glory.
- Rotating Homeless Shelter: The days are already growing cooler and this means we need to be mindful of the homeless in our community. This year CPC will be participating with other area churches to host a rotating shelter. We are in need of men (and some women) to host the shelter here at CPC. The commitment will be for one night/month for the months of November, December, January and February. Please give a night to help the least of these.
News and Events
- Regular schedule starts this Sunday (9/11/16). Adult Sunday School at 9 am [Philippians] and worship at 10 am with Sanctuary at 5 pm.
- Small Groups start next week. We will be going through a study entitled Experiencing God. Please join a group for this amazing study! Details on small group time and locations will be available Sunday.
- Men's Breakfast is this Saturday (9/10/16) 6-8 a.m.
- Sunday School Remix begins 9/14/16. The class runs 2-4 p.m. and will be studying early church history and theology in a course entitled Nicene Christianity. Join us!
- Middle School Youth Group Kayak Trip will be this Saturday (9/10/16). Middle Schoolers can meet Pastor Bill at CPC at 10 a.m. for a day of fun on Duck Lake.
Post a Comment